All great stories have a beginning, and the 4/48 Zelda Marathon is no different. It began as a simple challenge from a friend to beat Ocarina of Time as quickly as possible and slowly grew into one of the most awesome things imaginable.Read More!
The First 4/48 Zelda Marathon (2008)
The first 4/48 Zelda Marathon started as a small idea with a big vision. After rushed preparation, Team 4/48 trudged through the four 3D Legend of Zelda games in approximately 44 hours - garnering approximately $500 in charity donations.Read More!
The Second 4/48 Zelda Marathon (2009)
Following the success of the first marathon, an encore was inevitable. For its second year, the 4/48 Zelda Marathon added Ustream live streaming and chat support, while cutting playtime down to 42 hours and raising another $500 for charity.Read More!
The Third 4/48 Zelda Marathon (2010)
In its third year, the 4/48 Zelda Marathon finally came into its own. The event added older games from the series, reward levels for donations and broke into the media, all of which contributed to the $2,400 donated by viewers over 65 hours of playtime.Read More!
The Fourth 4/48 Zelda Marathon (2011)
In its fourth year, the 4/48 was all about expansion. With two new team members, a reimagined website and rewards system, and the release of Skyward Sword, the Marathon set new records for length, viewership, and donations.Read More!
- Who exactly are you?
- Where are you?
- What does '4/48' stand for?
- Where did the idea come from?
- Are you affiliated with Nintendo or Child's Play?
- Do you have a Press Release for distribution?
- How do my donations reach Child's Play?
- How do you broadcast the games?
- Sounds cool. How can I help?
- Ok so is this Peter guy single because LAWD HAVE MUHCY
- Do you have a question we haven't answered?
- Q: Who exactly are you?
- A: We're just a group of college-age (okay, we're a year or two older now) guys who love The Legend of Zelda series. If you want to learn a little bit more about each of us specifically, check out our Biographies!
- Q: Where are you?
- A: Most of us attended college in Atlanta, Georgia, and we are now dispersed throughout the country. Come time for the actual marathon, we'll all be coming in from Colorado, Pennsylvania, Florida, and Tennessee to invade Peter's basement in Acworth, Georgia.
- Q: What does '4/48' stand for?
- A: For our first two years, our goal was to complete Ocarina, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess in under two days. The name '4/48' comes from the idea of playing 4 games over a span of 48 hours, and even though we've doubled the number of games we play since then, the name's always stuck.
- Q: Where did the idea come from?
- A: The marathon developed out of a challenge from a friend to complete Ocarina of Time in one sitting back in 2008, and it's grown from there. To learn more about exactly how the marathon started and what it's been doing these past three years, check out the history section above.
- Q: Are you affiliated with Nintendo or Child's Play?
- A: No, the 4/48 Zelda Marathon is a completely independent fan event, and we are not associated with either organization in any way, although we certainly respect and appreciate the work of both organizations.
- Q: Do you have a Press Release for distribution?
- Q: How do my donations reach Child's Play?
- A: All donations go straight to Child's Play's paypal account; the system on our website only tracks donation amounts and other data for our rewards checklist.
- Q: How do you braodcast the games?
- A: We use an N64 and Wii to play all of the games in the marathon. We use a small Elgato capture card to capture the video feed from the consoles, as well as a video camera, which we use to film the players. In the end, we mesh all of this into one feed and broadcast it online for you to watch! If you have any specific questions about our setup, feel free to email us.
- Q: Sounds cool. How can I help?
- A: Every year, our greatest challenge is spreading the word. So many people love The Legend of Zelda series, but not nearly as many have heard of our marathon. So please, spread the word in any way you can! Tell your friends and family, print out our poster for your school or office, or tell anyone you think may be interested about the event!
- Q: Ok so is this Peter guy single because LAWD HAVE MUHCY
- A: Peter is, at this time, single. So you may shower him with your affection and he will, in return, shower you with his "affection." Just ask him to wear his sweatervest and you will swoon.
- Q: Do you have a question we haven't answered?